Dry Suit Specialty Certification
If you want to see the spectacular and prolific aquatic life often found in colder water climates you'll need to stay warm and that means a dry suit. But, you want to be trained in proper techniques and this is where PADI Dry Suit Diver Specialty course comes in.
During your PADI Dry Suit Diver Specialty course, you'll not only cover the background knowledge related to dry suit diving, you'll get into confined water to put that theory into practice. Then, once you've mastered confined water, it's time for two open water dives and applying that knowledge, including dive planning, organization, techniques, problems and buoyancy control.
Skills covered in the PADI Dry suit Specialty Course include:
- Developing practical knowledge of dry suit diving
- Planning, organizing and making dives using a dry suit
- Identifying advantages to using dry suits in various diving environments
- Understanding the different materials dry suits are constructed from, and how they perform to insulate divers
- Performing one confined water and two open water dives using a dry suit under instructor supervision
- The majority of the course is practical application. You will also attend one classroom session.
- The only prerequisite is that you be a certified Open Water or Junior Open Water diver (minimum age 12 years old).
- Classroom & Pool
- PADI Certification Card
- And 2 open water dives
- PADI Dry Suit Manual $40
- Dry Suit Rental $100 per day
- Any rental gear needed