The name rash guard reflects the fact that the shirt protects the wearer against rashes caused by abrasion or by sunburn from extended exposure to the sun. But latest trendy aqualung rash guards can do a lot more that that; they are designed to be worn both in and out of the water while providing full UV protection, ward off jellyfish stings or add an extra layer under your Aqualung diving suit. The range offers close-fitting or loose-fit cuts to suit different needs and styles, but also leggings for women.
- The aqualung rash guard fabric is 80 % polyester and 20 % elastane. Polyester helps keep colours fresh and bright whilst staying undamaged by chlorine. A nylon-elastane blend is breathable, stretchable, and form-fitting when wet. Rash guards made from this fabric are also quick-drying.
- All the aqualung rash guards provide UV protection, enough to protect from a sunburn but still comfortable to be worn on bare skin.
- On close-fitting models, the back is longer than the front in order to provide extra sun protection.
- A loop is sewn on the front to fasten the strap on men’s surf shorts or swimsuits – this will prevent a roll-up and keep the shirt in shape while you wear it.
- A slightly raised neckline gives sun protection during surface activities or stops the buoyancy compensator from rubbing against your skin during warm water dives and helps keep you warm when used as an under-garment.