Sidemount diving is not a new concept. Its start in cave diving has rapidly spread to open water and technical diving. Sidemount presents divers with a different approach to equipment configuration and philosophy. Benefits of sidemount diving include, streamlining, ease of equipment handling and transport, simplified ingress and egress, increased level of safety and increased gas supply (when using a 2-tank configuration). Upon successful completion of the course, students will have the ability to assemble, configure and use both single tank and two tank sidemount configurations in a recreational diving context.
1. Four hour classroom session.
2. Two confined water sessions.
3. Three open water dives.
Required Equipment & Materials:
1. BCD and harness configured for sidemount.
2. Two independent regulators rigged for sidemount.
3. Wet suit sufficient for the open water dives. In local waters, a 7mm with hood is recommended.
4. Mask, fins, snorkel.
1. PADI Open Water Diver
2. At least 15 years of age
Included: classroom, certification card.
Cost: $350 Class & Pool $150 Open Water Dives at Blue Hole