Congratulations on deciding to become a PADI assistant instructor (AI)! As a PADI AI, you not only gain additional experience, but you also start learning the PADI system of diver education. As an AI you can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
The PADI assistant instructor course is the first portion of the PADI instructor development course (IDC) and when followed by the open water scuba instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the instructor examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI open water scuba instructor.
- Academic Training-PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs, Developing Knowledge Development Presentations, Project Aware and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties, Confined and Open Water Presentations
- Independent Study-Knowledge Development
- Practical Application-Confined Water and Open Water Presentations, Standard Exam, Dive
- Rescue Skills Assessment
The Prerequisites for the OWSI program:
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Physician approved medical clearance
- Certified diver for at least 6 months
- Proof of CPR training in the last 24 months
- Minimum 60 logged dives showing experience in night and navigation * Must have 100 logged dives prior to the PADI Instructor Exam
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- All training in the classroom, pool & open water
- Homestead Crater/Blue Hole Fees
- Local Open Water Park Fees
- PADI IE Fees
- PADI ELearning (if applicable)
- AI Course $500
- AI Materials $750
- PADI IDC online ELearning $390
Questions about the Assistant Instructor Program email: FlatironsScubaCourseDirector@gmail.com
Sign up for PADI eLearning now!