Congratulations on taking this important step towards greater enjoyment in the water, and improving your skills as a diver. By increasing your knowledge, Scuba Diving will become more natural. In the Advanced course you will make two "core" or required dives: navigation and deep. You will also make three "elective" dives that you choose with the guidance of your PADI Instructor. Not all elective dives can be done in a particular location.
Valuable skills will be learned when this course is finished. The course is designed to be taken directly after the basic Open Water Course. Below is a list of important skills that can be learned after getting your advanced certification.
- Estimate distance and navigate underwater using natural navigation and compass navigation.
- Dive at night with increased awareness and comfort.(Optional)
- Be able to perform deep dives with a greater degree of safety.
- "Search and Recovery" to find lost objects, or sunken treasure (elective).
- "Underwater Photography" to capture great photos (elective).
- "Altitude Dive" explore your favorite mountain lake (elective).
- Many other electives to choose from.
The majority of the course is practical application. You will also attend one classroom session. The only prerequisite is that you be a certified Open Water Diver. Special items that are mandatory for this class are:
tanks, weights, classroom, pool, SRF, certification card, and 5 open water dives. NOT INCLUDED: Advanced Open Water Student Kit. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
- Underwater slate & pencil
- Underwater light (necessary for night and deeper dives)
- Chemical Light stick or Equivalent
- Underwater Timing Device
- Whistle or other signaling device
- Knife or divers tool
Equipment, other than tanks and weight. (ex. BCD, Regulator, Mask, Snorkel, Fins)
$255 + Advanced Open Water Student Kit (Manual Student Kit) $107.50 + Any Rental gear needed
Don't have time for a traditional class? Sign up for PADI E-learning!