- Open Water Diver Materials & DVD ($140 - Purchase Online)
- Equipment: BCD, Regulator, Tanks, Weights (Included in the Price of the class)
- Mask, Snorkel & Fins (Not included - Reserve Rental Online)
- Classroom Work (Included in the price of the class)
- Knowledge Review Assessment
- 4 Quizzes
- Final Exam
- 5 Confined Water Pool Dives ( Included in the price of the class)
- 4 Open Water Dives (To be completed after Classroom and Pool Work- $200-$230)
- Certification Card (Included in the price of the Open Water Dives)
Welcome to the PADI Open Water course, and the beginning of your diving journey! Upon successful completion of the PADI Open Water Diver Course, you'll be ready to head to the ocean and see it from a whole new perspective. Our team of Instructors, Divemasters and shop staff can't wait to help you achieve your diving goals.
As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
Virtually anyone 10 years or older who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. If you are between 10 and 14 or have a child between these ages, there is a PADI Junior Open Water Diver program available
- A PADI Jr. Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 12 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet
Throughout the course, you’ll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives.
PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. Typically class and pool work are completed in one weekend, followed by 4 open water dives over another weekend. See our Open Water Schedule here- schedule.Where is the Pool located?
Westminster Swim and Fitness Center. 3290 W 76th Ave, Westminster, CO 80030
- PADI Open Water Crew-Pak (log book, manual and student file).
- PADI Open Water DVD.
- Mask, fins, and snorkel
- Students receive a discount on purchases
- Can rent for $35 per weekend
- Bathing Suit and Towel
Continue your scuba adventure with PADI’s Advanced Open Water program, your next step in exploring the underwater world. Stop by Flatirons Scuba and Travel or call us at 303-469-4477 for more information on the PADI Adventures In Diving program.Sign-Up information
Please download the forms below * and read them prior to signing up for class. *Flatirons Scuba Basic Open Water Student agreement form
*PADI Medical statement (see below for more information)
Sign up for PADI eLearning now!
**NOTE: Anyone under the age of 15 doing PADI eLearning will be required to participate in the full duration of the classroom session