Find out how easy it is to experience the adventure of Scuba Diving! In only two weekends you can be a certified diver, and experience a diving adventure in an exotic location around the world. Give us a call today at 303.469.4477 to start your adventure!
- Open Water Diver Materials & DVD ($120 - Purchase Online)
- Equipment: BCD, Regulator, Tanks, Weights (Included in the Price of the class)
- Mask, Snorkel & Fins (Not included - Reserve Rental Online)
- Classroom Work (Included in the price of the class)
- Knowledge Review Assessment
- 4 Quizzes
- Final Exam
- 5 Confined Water Pool Dives ( Included in the price of the class)
- 4 Open Water Dives (To be completed after Classroom and Pool Work- $200-$230)
- Certification Card (Included in the price of the Open Water Dives)
As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
Virtually anyone 10 years or older who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. If you are between 10 and 14 or have a child between these ages, there is a PADI Junior Open Water Diver program available
- A PADI Jr. Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 12 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet
Throughout the course, you’ll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives.
PADI programs are performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. Typically class and pool work are completed in one weekend, followed by 4 open water dives over another weekend. See our Open Water Schedule here- schedule.Where is the Pool located?
Lafayette YMCA, 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette, CO 80026, Ph: 303.664.5455
Continue your scuba adventure with PADI’s Adventures in diving program, your next step in exploring the underwater world. Stop by Flatirons Scuba and Travel or call us at 303-469-4477 for more information on the PADI Adventures In Diving program.Signup information
Please download the forms below * and read them prior to signing up for class. The first form will provide details on the Basic Open Water Classroom & Pool. The second form is the required Medical form. Please fill in all of the blanks with either a YES or NO. If you answer NO to all of the questions, no further action is required. If you answer YES to any of the questions it is required that you get the second page of the document signed off by your doctor prior to getting into the pool.*Flatirons Scuba Basic Open Water Student agreement form
*PADI Medical statement
Sign up for PADI eLearning now!
**NOTE: Anyone under the age of 15 doing PADI eLearning will be required to participate in the full duration of the classroom session